The Local Offer is information about local provision for children and young people who are disabled and those with special educational needs (SEN). The information must be published by local authorities in one place. Information must be on a website and in other formats to suit children, young people and their families.
The local offer is just one element of changes that are happening to support families through the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice for 0-25 year olds (2014).
For Bournemouth’s Local Offer click here: Bournemouth's Local Offer
Which providers does it include?
Provision in Bournemouth and services outside the local area that families are likely to use, including;
- Nurseries, pre-schools and childminders
- Schools (including special schools)
- Colleges, universities and apprenticeships
- Health and Social care
- Leisure activities
- Any other services for children and young people who are disabled or have SEN
What information does it include?
- Funding for children and young people who are disabled and who have SEN
- Services, facilities and activities to meet the needs of children and young people
- How the progress of children and young people is monitored
- Education Health and Care Plans
- Personal Budgets
- Transport (including any help with costs)
- Support groups and forums
- How to make a complaint